Thank you so much for your contributions! Please keep them coming! ;)
Running Towards the Light
We're a bunch of friends and colleagues who kind of regretted signing up for the Standard Chartered Marathon. Yeap, you guessed it - we haven't been training much at all! Horrified, we asked ourselves, "We can't be running for NOTHING?!"
SO WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW...
...to help us run for good. Please join us in helping to bring light to the lives of the visually impaired as we aim to raise $888 (Huat ah!!)!
Donations will go directly towards the Singapore Association for the Visually Handicapped (SAVH), which helps the Visually Impaired by helping them acquire new skills and gaining self-reliance to cope with integration into society.
Your generosity will help the SAVH provide a host of programmes and services for the visually impaired:
- Skills development & vocational training in areas such as IT, telemarketing, art & craft, clay-making, etc.
- Accessibility to books and information on employment, education, leisure and personal enjoyment, as their sighted counterparts enjoy :)
- Rehabilitation programmes including financial assistance, counselling, mobility & daily living skills training, etc
- Clinical & advisory services provided by the Low Vision Clinic, established to offer people with different levels of vision impairment the benefits of low vision devices to maximize remaining vision whenever possible.
- Social and recreational activities organised by SAVH's very own White Cane Club
Please donate generously!